Saturday, June 28, 2014

Prayer Requests

Last night I had to say goodbye to my dog, Star, for the last time over a FaceTime call. Please keep my mom in your prayers, as she had to go alone to the vet (my brother is out of town). 
Her last moments were happy and peaceful; the last time I saw her she was eating a happy meal in my mom's backseat, freshly bathed, with her nails painted bright pink, in honor of the nail painting ritual she and I developed when I was 6. She had her huge smile on, and I wouldn't have wanted to see her for the last time any other way. 
As sad as I am, camp planning must continue. MK, Justin, Meelis and I will be driving to the opposite end of Estonia today to visit our campsites for Lift Kamp; I'm excited for the long, beautiful drive. I would promise to post pictures of the campsites after I get home today, but I don't want any campers who read my blog to have our beautiful locations spoiled for them (:
Please begin praying for KOMA (The Estonian branch of Josiah Venture) as they begin their first small group leader training for camp of the summer. My roommate, as well as my good friend and fellow American, Grant Middleton, will be attending training today, and will start camp tomorrow afternoon! Please pray for them, along with the other small group leaders, that they will be given wisdom, patience, energy, and a love for the youth that they will be leading in their English camps this next week. Please pray that the minds of the campers are open and that their hearts are receptive to what they will learn about our Lord this week. 
My first camp in Estonia, Kohila English camp 2012, completely changed my life. That week brought me a whole new level closer to understanding God's love for me, and helped me realize that no matter what happens to me in life, it's all part of his plan to bless me. I pray that the Americans here can experience the same feeling I have, and that this will open new doors for them as it has for me.
Will update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment