Thursday, June 26, 2014

Update

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't been updating recently. I haven't been spending much time in the apartment aside from sleeping, so this is the first real down time I've had in a while.
We've been doing a lot more camp planning, and will be visiting the 3 camp sites/resorts we've chosen this weekend so that we can begin planning for games ad other activities.
I celebrated my first Jaanipaev (St. John's Day) this Monday night, which consisted of lots of yummy food, a bonfire, running back and forth between the sauna and pond, and getting about 1.5 hours of sleep total. Definitely better than 4th of July or anything of that nature in the states, in my opinion!
Lots of prayer requests at this time. First, that Justin, MK, Liivi and myself can stay on track with camp planning and get all of our arrangements squared away soon, as we only have about 3 weeks until camp. Secondly, for all of the English Camps that will be starting this next week. Please pray for blessing over the days the Americans are here and at the camps, and that the youth are open to what the leadership teams have to tell them about what a life in Jesus can offer them.
Thirdly, I have a more personal request. My Golden Retriever, Star, whom I picked out at the age of four, has been diagnosed with 2 tumors near her spleen. She's just turned 15 years old, which is a considerably old age for Goldens to live, and has had issues with arthritis for the past 2 years or so. The vet has advised my mom to put her down within these next few days, since she is too old to recover from the surgery it would require to remove the tumors, so I'll ever see her again. I don't remember any part of my life before she was in it, and it breaks my heart completely to know that when I return home, I won't be greeted by her big goofy smile at the door. My mom facilitated a FaceTime call for us last night, and as tired as she was, she seemed to perk up when she saw the phone screen, though I'm not sure she could hear anything I was saying to her. Please pray for peace for my heart these next few days as I try to keep going with all of the work I have here while mourning the loss of my lifelong best friend, and please pray for my family back home as they go through the process of putting her down and preparing her burial. Pets are considered people in my house, and this is the 2nd dog we've lost in the past year and a half.
I will try to update more frequently these next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment